Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lohan Agonistes

For the last 30 years, rarely does a day go by when I don't read The Wall Street Journal editorial page.  So imagine my disgust this morning upon reading an Opinion piece titled Stop Picking on Lindsay Lohan.  To wit:
"Drunk driving is deplorable. Blowing off court-ordered responsibilities and showing up to trial with expletives scrawled on your fingernails is not the way to garner respect. And Ms. Lohan is not above the law.

"But eating disorders, alcoholism, drug addiction and apparent psychological illness should not be laughed at by the American public. Since I can't guarantee that I wouldn't have succumbed to similar demons had I lived a life like Ms. Lohan's, I won't gawk at her condition, and I will root for her to get the help she desperately needs."

I'm not saying Lohan's struggles aren't news to some.  That's why there are papers like the New York Post.  Does Rupert Murdoch know the difference?  It's a big one.

No comments: