Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My G'damn Back

Well, it's actually inflammation of the sciatic nerve in my right leg.  And that's the result of herniated discs in my L4, L5 and S1 vertebrae. It's been absolute misery for nearly three months.

Weeks of working at home in repose, narcotic pain meds and anti-inflammatories, two rounds of lumbar epidural cortisone injections, regular (and painful) stretching, yoga, deep tissue massage and acupuncture haven't eliminated the pain. I've also read a book that says chronic back pain is mostly in my head and that I'm creating muscle tension because I repress my emotions. Sigh.

One thing is crystal clear: sitting is out. Even my ergonomic Herman Miller Aeron chair feels like the rack.

A friend sent me this infographic. The hellish fonts, colors and graphics are there for good reason.


No comments: