Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Reality Bites


The campaign's tagline: "Catch It, Bin It, Kill It."

Except now, according to the Daily Mail, McCusker has been diagnosed with swine flu.

"It was a shock when I found out," McCusker told the paper.

"I quarantined myself and I've been getting lots of [grief] from mates," he said. "I was supposed to 'Catch It, Bin It, Kill It' but instead I've been shivering, shaking and spreading it."

Meanwhile, a 26-year-old otherwise healthy man died here on Martha's Vineyard of H1N1 virus/swine flu on Monday.

Swine flu, lyme disease and tularemia, to name a few of the risks here on the island. Very scary. In 2002, I spent a week at Martha's Vineyard Hospital on an intravenous IV of antibiotics after contracting the tick-borne disease erlichiosis.

No comments: